Credant Collaborates with Dell to Deliver Best-In-Class Encryption SolutionNew solution designed by Dell and co-developed with Credant Technologies offers one of the highest levels of U.S. FIPS 140-2 Certifications for Endpoint Disk Encryption
Austin, Texas (Dell World) — October 13, 2011 — Credant Technologies today at Dell World announced new additions to the Dell Data Protection | Encryption portfolio. The new solutions, designed by Dell and co-developed with Credant, offer customers performance, enhanced security and a broad management platform to protect sensitive information. Dell and Credant have also worked to reduce the burden on IT by helping them centrally deploy, manage and enforce encryption policies across their organization, with consolidated audit and reporting on data protection status. This allows customers to focus on innovation and provide the peace of mind that their data is protected.
Dell Data Protection | Encryption Enterprise Edition features Full Volume Encryption, which is one of the only commercially available endpoint disk encryption solutions to reach U.S. Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 140-2 Level 3 certification. This level of certification delivers an affordable solution for government and other customers who need a higher level of security. The solution, which leverages an optional Hardware Encryption Accelerator that is available on select Dell OptiPlex desktops, Latitude laptops and Dell Precision workstations, also allows customers to effectively turn any drive into a self-encrypting drive. It enhances security and performance by offloading encryption processes to the hardware accelerator, allowing customers to apply hardware-based encryption to any standard drive.
Dell Data Protection | Encryption Enterprise Edition also features Data-Centric Encryption, a software-based solution that protects both the system drive and external media. Designed for mixed vendor environments, it allows IT to:
- Set flexible encryption policies based on end users, end user groups and data sensitivity without end user intervention to ensure policies are enforced
- Easily deploy encryption protection without interfering with existing IT processes for systems management and authentication
- Use intuitive and powerful management, audit and policy enforcement capabilities to ensure that data-at-rest on these devices are protected
- Get on a path towards compliance with pre-set policy templates
- Manage Mac OS systems through the integration of Credant for MAC with the Dell Data Protection | Encryption Management Console
Other additions to the Dell Data Protection | Encryption portfolio include:
- External Media Edition – Helping customers close critical security gaps even if they already encrypt the system disk, External Media Edition provides policy-based encryption for external media, including USB, XD, SD, external hard drive, 1394, eSata and optical storage. External Media Edition is included with both Data Centric and Full Volume encryption to deliver a full system disk and external storage protection solution, or it’s also available on its own.
- BitLocker Manager – Bringing an enterprise level of management to Microsoft® BitLocker to deliver centralized reporting, auditing and policy enforcement. It also provides centralized escrow of recovery keys/passwords and full control of all policies with using Active Directory, while providing automated initialization and management of TPMs.
All Dell Data Protection | Encryption solutions are manageable under a single console so customers can choose which solutions fit best throughout different parts of their environment.
Dell Data Protection | Encryption Personal Edition also uses Data Centric Encryption and Full Volume Encryption, but is available as a locally managed solution on select Dell Precision Workstations, Latitude Laptops and OptiPlex desktops.
“Customers constantly tell us that data security and risk mitigation are top concerns of theirs, and together Credant and Dell are helping organizations tackle this issue through innovation,” said Bob Heard, CEO of Credant Technologies. “Dell Data Protection | Encryption gives customers an easier way to centrally protect and manage their endpoints with a high level of security.”
“At Dell, we believe in creating the best experience for end users and IT, helping IT organizations gain the control they need to secure and manage their environment, while enabling end users to stay more productive than ever,” said Kirk Schell, executive director and general manager of Business Client Product Group, Dell. “With the new additions to the Dell Data Protection | Encryption portfolio, we are providing customers with assurance their critical data is protected so they can focus more on achieving their business goals and adapt to the changing needs of end users.”
About Dell World
Join us at Dell World 2011 – Unlocking Innovation in a Virtual Era. Bringing together top IT visionaries, leaders and experts, Dell World attendees will learn about and share some of the most innovative strategies and techniques taking place in IT today. Visit the Security Pavilion to learn more about Dell Data Protection | Encryption. Visit www.DellWorld.com or follow #DellWorld on Twitter to learn more or follow developments from Dell World.
About Credant Technologies
Credant Technologies is the trusted expert in endpoint data protection solutions. Credant's data security solutions mitigate risk, preserve customer brand, and reduce the cost of compliance, enabling business to "protect what matters." Credant delivers the only centrally managed endpoint data protection solution providing strong authentication, intelligent encryption, usage controls, and key management for data recovery. By aligning security to the type of user, device, and location, Credant permits the audit and enforcement of security policies across all computing endpoints. Strategic partners and customers include leaders in finance, government, healthcare, manufacturing, retail, technology, and services. Credant was recognized by Inc. magazine as the #1 fastest growing security software company. Austin Ventures, Menlo Ventures, Crescendo Ventures, Intel Capital (NASDAQ:INTC), and Cisco Systems (NASDAQ:CSCO) are investors in Credant Technologies. For more information, visit www.credant.com.